The Center for Research Computing (CRC) provides shared facilities and services for computing, visualization, data-storage, and networking designed to support the research mission of Rice University. CRC acts as the default contact for all research related service inquiries and represents researcher interests to the larger Office of Information Technology (OIT). We do this by:
- Operating best-in class on-premise shared compute, visualization and data-storage facilities;
- Facilitating access to on-premise, regional, national and commercial cloud facilities;
- Delivering user services and training for best use of shared facilities;
- Offering application and proposal consulting support-services.
The areas within Research Computing are:
- Systems Support and Operations.
- Application Support and Services.
CRC standing maintenance: On the first Tuesday of every month, CRC may decide, with minimal notification, to take down systems for a period of up to 24-hours, for preventative maintenance. User notification will be made in advance when possible. The user community should plan computational work assuming maintenance will be executed every month.